Ramadan Reflections 01 :




Ramadan Reflections 01:
Ten days of the blessed month already gone. This year Ramadan brought an additional blessing for me. A blessing I had been taking for granted for so many years now. I decided to share so that maybe others like me forgetful of this blessing are reminded within time before its lost to them.
I was blessed with a 're-bonding' with my ageing parents. Their fragility made me an adult which was wanting of me even after becoming a mother.
I dont think this relationship is a give and take relationship. Many a times our parents take us for granted and many a times so do we.
There is a special bond which is strengthened with Allah (SWT) when we decide to serve our parents not as a duty or repayment but as a part of realising our role as a vicegerent. To be born from a certain set of parents in a certain household in a certain era is not purposeless. There is a purpose to it and a very deep meaning can be found in watering the soil we took root in.
Sometimes an ambitious youth contacts me in search for meaning of the gaping void they feel even after being blessed in all possible ways. This search or void is a yearning for the One who created us and often enough the void is a reminder to search nearby.
Sharing a beautiful passage from the Quran I read today:
"وَقَطَّعۡنٰهُمۡ فِى الۡاَرۡضِ اُمَمًا​ ۚ مِنۡهُمُ الصّٰلِحُوۡنَ وَمِنۡهُمۡ دُوۡنَ ذٰ لِكَ​ وَبَلَوۡنٰهُمۡ بِالۡحَسَنٰتِ وَالسَّيِّاٰتِ لَعَلَّهُمۡ يَرۡجِعُوۡنَ‏ 
(7:168) And We dispersed them through the earth in communities - some were righteous, others were not -and We tested them with prosperity and adversity that they may turn back (to righteousness).
فَخَلَفَ مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِهِمۡ خَلۡفٌ وَّرِثُوا الۡكِتٰبَ يَاۡخُذُوۡنَ عَرَضَ هٰذَا الۡاَدۡنٰى وَيَقُوۡلُوۡنَ سَيُغۡفَرُ لَـنَا​ ۚ وَاِنۡ يَّاۡتِهِمۡ عَرَضٌ مِّثۡلُهٗ يَاۡخُذُوۡهُ​ ؕ اَلَمۡ يُؤۡخَذۡ عَلَيۡهِمۡ مِّيۡثَاقُ الۡـكِتٰبِ اَنۡ لَّا يَقُوۡلُوۡا عَلَى اللّٰهِ اِلَّا الۡحَـقَّ وَدَرَسُوۡا مَا فِيۡهِ​ ؕ وَالدَّارُ الۡاٰخِرَةُ خَيۡرٌ لِّـلَّذِيۡنَ يَتَّقُوۡنَ​ ؕ اَفَلَا تَعۡقِلُوۡنَ‏
(7:169) Then others succeeded them who inherited the scriptures, and yet kept themselves occupied in acquiring the goods of this world and kept saying: 'We shall be forgiven.' And when there comes to them an opportunity for acquiring more of those goods, they seize it. Was not the covenant of the Book taken from them that they would not ascribe to Allah anything but the truth? And they have read what is in the Book and know that the abode of the Hereafter is better for the God-fearing.Do you not understand?
leaving me softened inside but renewing my strength to submit and understand.
Saima Sher Fazal

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE MODERN SKEPTIC

Raising strong Muslims.

I am pained :